Most of us are only lucky away to get away once a year or some of us may travel more and in some cases, for work. My husband travels often for work and he doesn’t feel his best when jetting around and so needs to take extra care so when he lands at his destination he is ready to hit the ground running and attend to his work schedule. But whatever your frequency of travel there are things you can do beforehand to ensure you stay healthy and energetic throughout your trip.
Ways to prepare your body for a long journey by sea, air or road, change in climate, water and food.
- Take probiotics daily, I recommend Pro Bio Boost, 1-2 capsules taken in the morning, half an hour before breakfast. The live bacteria in this blend will benefit your immune system, digestive system and skin.
- Take a ginger, lemon and apple shot daily, this will wake you up and give your immune system and liver a lovely boost in the morning
- Try and have a freshly extracted vegetable juice daily, even if you don’t normally. You will be amazed at the difference you will feel when all that live nutrition floods your cells! You can find some great recipes here and adding a teaspoon of Organic Greens Detox Blend to your juices is a really good idea.
- Take a daily dose of B Complex and Vitamin C
- Ensure you drink at least 2-3 litres of water daily. A simple but very effective way of boosting your immune system.
When You Get There
- Pace yourself! I know the temptation is to plan a well-structured and packed itinerary to make the most of your time away, but just take a day to ease yourself in, letting your body adjust to the new pace and surroundings. You are there to rest and recharge after all.
- Keep taking your probiotics, the Pro Bio Boost is idea as it doesn’t need to be kept in the fridge
- Use a good organic sun cream such as one from the Green People, avoiding dangerous nano particles and other nasties.
- Take a pot of Wild Rose beauty Balm with you, as well as being great for cleansing and deep moisturising, it is excellent for dealing with the dreaded sunburn and it works quickly to heal it, as I recently found out!
Homeopathic First Aid Kit
- Remedies for fear of flying, Aconite or Arg Nit
- Travel Sickness, Cocculus or Nux Vom
- Food Poisoning, Arsen Alb is excellent!
The list does go on for things like sun burn, bites and stings etc. You can purchase these remedies from a homeopathic pharmacy or I can make individualised mixes for you. Having these when you travel always proves invaluable, especially when you are miles away from a pharmacy!
Neal’s Yard Remedies Organic are also selling some rather attractive looking and very useful skin care travel sets at the moment. I love them all because it means I don’t have to go to the hassle of decanting all my products into small pots and they are all the perfect size to carry on board.
Thank you for reading, I hope this has inspired you to prepare for your holiday and has given you some handy tips. If you would like to book in for a pre travel consultation please call me on 07860 909 916 or you can book online here.