A very warm hello to you!
It’s so lovely that summer feels like it’s finally here and we can start to think about preparing ourselves for this season. While many of you will not want to take on a full on detox, there are many ways you can incorporate some gentle practices into your daily routine which will help you to prepare for summer. I’ve detailed some simple tips below which tie in nicely with Neals Yard Remedies Organic going on 20% sale off almost everything at 3pm today – perfect timing!
I adore NYRO and have used their products since my university days. Something I feel strongly about is using organic products on our skin and around our homes. The skin is one of our largest organs and everything we put onto it is absorbed into our blood stream in a matter of seconds. So it’s vital to stay away from all the hormone and endocrine disrupting chemicals in non organic products. If you would like some advice and help choosing products do get in touch by emailing or phoning me.
Simple Ways To Prep for Summer
1. Dry Skin Brushing
So easy to incorporate into a daily routine and so many benefits to dry skin brushing. These include:
- A reduction in cellulite which can be toxic
- Improves blood circulation and lymphatic drainage
- Shedding dead skin cells and promoting new cells
- Improving muscle tone
You can read more here about the benefits and exactly how to do it. You can buy a good skin brush in the sale today and I would recommend the Frankincense body toning cream to use after.
2. Dealing with Winter Feet
Feet definitely need some extra TLC after being covered up in boots and trainers during the winter months. Perhaps it’s dry hard skin or the dreaded athletes foot that needs attention.
- Try soaking feet in a warm foot bath with a few drops of tea tree essential oil followed by a massage of coconut oil daily for a few days to help Athletes Foot. Homeopathic remedies like Nit Ac, Silica, or Silica would help too.
- I highly recommend the Comfrey and Mallow foot scrub for dry and hard skin followed by the Comfrey and Mallow Foot Balm, which is great for soothing and softening tired feet.
3. Increase your Greens
The benefits of greens are incredible and incorporating just one green smoothie into your day can be super beneficial. Just be sure to add more green vegetables and less fruit. By doing so you can expect:
- Some natural weight loss
- An increase in energy
- A boost for your immune system (especially if you add ginger)
- An extra dose of minerals and antioxidants
There are so many different recipes, just have a search and find one that works for you. You can add an extra boost to your smoothies by adding the Organic Greens Detox Blend. It’s packed with wheatgrass, spirulina, green tea, sea greens, parsley, chlorella and spinach.
4. Hydrate, Hydrate, Hydrate!
Super simple yet the most essential! Drinking 2-3 litres a day can really help in so many ways.
- An increase in energy
- A boost to your immune system
- Helps to regulate blood pressure
- Flushes out toxins
- Helps to relieve headaches from dehydration
- Promotes weight loss
5. Bespoke Detox
If you feel there are a few specific things that need to be addressed to help you detox, gain some more energy, help you sleep or lose some unwanted weight, you can book an appointment with me here. We will explore exactly what the issues are and I can put together a bespoke plan for you using homeopathy, homeobotanical drops and and advise you on supplements you may need. You can book here
NYRO 20% Sale – Starts Today at 3pm!
Starts today at 3pm, ends Friday at 9am. If you would like to order please do so via my online shop
Thank you so much for reading and here’s to a beautiful summer!